תכנית קונרד אדנאואר לשיתוף פעולה יהודי-ערבי, במרכז משה דיין, מזמינה אתכם לדיון בנושא: "Half a year to the Israeli government coalition: Measuring the attitudes of Arab citizens in Israel".
המפגש ייערך בזום ביום רביעי, 26 בינואר, בשעה 16:00.
המפגש ייערך באנגלית.
נא להירשם כאן.
Half a year has passed since the formation of a government coalition in Israel headed by Naftali Bennet and Yair Lapid. For the first time in Israel’s history, the new coalition includes an Arab party, the United Arab List (Ra’am) which is the political branch of the Islamic Movement in Israel, as well as Arab members of Jewish parties.
In the last summer, the new government approved a new five-year development plan for the Arab sector, allocating an unprecedented amount of NIS 30 billion (EURO 8.5 billion). At the same time, the government also launched a new plan to combat crime incidents in Arab localities that reached an all-time peak during the last year, claiming the lives of 113 Arab civilians.
Notwithstanding the positive developments on the political level, Jewish-Arab relations went through difficult times in 2021. In mid-May, in parallel with the military confrontation between Israel and the Hamas regime in the Gaza Strip, several mixed cities across the country where Jews and Arabs use to live side by side for decades witnessed violent clashes between Jewish and Arab citizens.
Against this backdrop, several questions arise:
- How has the inclusion of Arab representatives in the new coalition affected the Arab public’s level of confidence in the government?
- Should the Ra’am party be satisfied with its current role as part of the coalition without governmental position, or should it demand a full ministerial position in the government?
- What effect have the May 2021 events had on the Arab citizens’ perspective on majority-minority relations in Israel?
- What do Arab citizens think is the realistic solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
- How do they evaluate the normalization agreements (Abraham Accords) signed last year between Israel and Arab countries?